How To Add/Write Blog Posts and Pages?
Hello every one! Today we shall discuss on ‘How to Add-Write Blog Posts-Pages?’ This post article will mainly with three things:
- How to write a post?
- How to add images, links and format text?
- Some quick tips and tricks for writing great content.
Read also How to Setup Your Domain Name?
How to write a post?
You can see on the next screen like this:
Then add the title to your blog post in the top field and the content in the big text box below the title.
When you are done you can save your draft or publish your content live by using the box menu on the far right of the page. You can even schedule the post to be published later – or make the post private so only friends can see it.
Once published, your new post can be found in the “All Posts” section of the “Posts” tab, so you can edit it any time.
How To Add Images?
To add an image to your post, click the “Add Media” button right above the lower content field.
Next, click the “Upload Files” tab on the screen that pops up, then click “Select Files”.
Once you’ve found the file, double click it and WordPress will upload it automatically.
When the upload is finished, make sure the image you want is selected, then click the “Insert into post” button to add the image to the post you’re writing.
You can also add images from library.
How To Adding a Link?
On the pop-up, you’ll need to enter a few important bits of information.
- URLis the web address of the link you want to share. Make sure you include “http://” before the “www.” address, or your link will be broken.
- “Link Text” is the text you want people to click on to get to your link. It might be “Click here”, or anything you choose.
- “Open link in a new window/tab”– it’s a smart idea to check this box. Otherwise, when someone clicks your link, they’ll leave your blog.
- If you want to link to an existing page, you can use the “Search” section to find a post or page you’ve already created and click it to add a link.
Finally, click “Add Link”, and your link will be added where you left your cursor in the post you were writing.
How To Adding Headers and Editing Text
It’s a good idea to use headers and bolding to make your content easier to read and scan.
Try to only use “Heading 1” once within your page (usually at the top), and use “Heading 2” or “Heading 3” for other sections in the copy, as this is better for search engines.
You can also bold, italicize, underline and even change the colour of your text in a click or two.
- “B” is for bolding
- “I” is for italics
- “U” is to underline your text
- “A” will open a dropdown menu where you can select font color
As you can see, this is all pretty simple for someone who has worked with Microsoft Word.
If you have found this article as informative and useful please do not forget to this kind gesture by sharing it with your friends on social media like Facebook, twitter, email, Google+ and so on.