Edit Users in WordPress
Hello everyone. Today we shall learn on how to Edit Users in WordPress for your website/blog. This article will teach you in just four simple steps. We shall discuss the steps below.
The following simple steps to Edit Users in WordPress are :
First Step (Edit Users in WordPress)
Go to Dashboard menu and click on Users → All Users. See the screenshot.
Second Step (Edit Users in WordPress)
When you click on users you will see a list of users.
There are two more tabs seen on the toolbar. The features details are:
- Administrator − List of administrators will be displayed.
- Subscriber − List of subscribers will be displayed.
When we click on the Change role to box, a dropdown list appears as seen in the preceding screenshot.
- Subscriber − A person who can only manage his profile.
- Contributor − A person who can write and supervise own posts, but cannot publish them.
- Author − A person who can publish and manage his own posts.
- Editor − A person who can publish and manage posts, including the posts of other users.
- Administrator − A person who has access to all the administration features within a single website.
Click on the check box of the user name to change the role of the user. Then, click on change button and the user’s role will be changed accordingly.
Third Step (Edit Users in WordPress)
− You can click on Edit option as shown in the following screen to edit the user.
Fourth Step (Edit Users in WordPress)
In the Edit User you can edit or modify all the fields as per your need. When everything is done click on Update User to save the changes.
If you have found this article as informative and useful please do not forget to share it with your friends on social media like Facebook, twitter, email, Google+ and so on.