Hi friends, today let us discuss on the topic ‘How to setup WordPress Permalink settings?’. First we shall first discuss what Permalink settings is all about then discuss those three simple steps how to setup your Permalink settings in the following.
WordPress Permalink settings
Permalinks are the permanent URLs to your individual pages and blog posts, as well as your category and tag archives. A permalink is the web address of a particular blog post or category used to link to each post of your content. So the URL to each post should be permanent, and never change — hence the name permalink.
Now we shall discuss on how to access and setup the permalink settings.
Click on Settings → Permalinks option from the left navigation menu.
Here are a few settings you can make −
- Common settings −Check any of the radio buttons to choose your permalink structure for your blogs
- Default − It sets the default URL structure in WordPress.
- Day and name − It sets URL structure according to the date and name in your posts.
- Month and name − It sets the URL structure according to the month and name in your post.
- Numeric − It sets numbers in the URL structure in your post.
- Post name − It sets post name in the URL structure in your post.
- Custom Structure − It sets the URL structure of your choice by writing the desired name in the given text box.
- OptionalThese are optional. You can add custom structure for main category or tag URL. If your text box is empty then default settings is used. Here you have two options.
- Category Base − Add custom prefix for your category URL.
- Tag Base − Add custom prefix to your Tags URL.
Once you have duly filled up all details, click on Save Changes button to save the permalink settings.
If you have found this article on ‘How to set WordPress Permalink Setting?’ as informative and useful do not forget to share it with your friends on social media like Facebook, twitter, email, Google+ and so on.