Roles of users in WordPress
Hi everyone! In today’s post we shall discuss on about the roles of users in WordPress. Every user has their own role in WordPress. These roles can be only allotted by the Admin to particular users to access the WordPress site.
We shall see few pre-defined roles available in WordPress. They are the following-
- Administrator − The Administrator has all the rights. An Admin can do anything and everything on the WordPress site such as creating more admins, inviting more users and also removing them.
- Editor − The Editor has access to all the posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links. They can create, publish, edit or delete any posts or pages.
- Author − The Author can only write posts, upload pictures, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor − The Contributor can only write and edit their posts until published. They can create their own posts and pages but cannot publish them. They cannot upload images or files but can see your site’s status. When they want to publish any post, it must be first notified personally to the administrator for review. When the post is approved, the contributor cannot make any changes once published.
- Follower − The Follower can only read and comment on the posts. Followers are the ones who have signed in to your account to receive updates.
- Viewer − Viewers can only view your posts; they cannot edit but can only comment on the posts.
If you have found this article as informative and useful please do not forget to share it with your friends on social media like Facebook, twitter, email, Google+ and so on.