Today let us discuss on ‘How to set WordPress Reading Setting‘ by yourself. This article will guide you in three simple steps.
Reading Setting in WordPress helps you to set the content related to the front page of your website/blog. And you can display certain number of post on the main page as per your choice.
How should you setup your WordPress reading setting page? Well first of all you need to log into your main administration dashboard of your website/blog. After logging in you do your reading settings in the following three steps −
First Step(WordPress reading setting)
− Click on Settings → Reading option in WordPress. Then you will see the screen like this –
Second Step (WordPress reading setting)
− Click on Reading Settings page then you will see the screen like this.
When you open the Reading Setting page you will see certain details of the fields. These are the following details –
- Front page displays − The Front page section displays the front page in any of the following format −
- Your latest posts −This section displays your latest posts on the front page when you submit your article in your website/blog.
- A static page −This feature allows you to display the static pages on the front page as per your choice.
- Front Page −It allows you to select the actual page you want to display on front page from the drop down. Some bloggers choose the article which is the cornerstone to display in the front page of their website/blog.
- Posts Page −This feature again allows you to select the page from the drop down which contains posts.
- Blog pages show at most −Actually by the default the number of post is set to 10 in your website/blog. However, you can set up as per your choice.
- Syndication feeds show the most recent −The user can view the number of posts when they download one of the site feeds.
- For each article in a feed, show −This section displays the post by selecting any of the following formats −
- Full Text − It displays the complete post. It is set as default.
- Summary − It displays the summary of the post.
- Search Engine Visibility −This is very important for your ranking your website/blog. Clicking on the checkbox, then you have a choice to discourage search engines from indexing this site. But for your advice don’t do this.
Third Step (WordPress reading setting) −
WHen you have duly filled up all the information, click on Save Changes button to save your Reading Setting information.
If you have found this article on ‘How to set WordPress Reading Setting?’ as informative and useful do not forget share it with your friends on social media like facebook, twitter, email, Google+ and so on.